You are experiencing one of the following issues
- The Desktop Agent keeps running, but the application doesn't open.
- I am getting the error Desktop Agent Unavailable when I want to select Send.
- The Desktop Agent is disconnected.
- If you're looking at using the Desktop app, make sure you're downloading the correct download file on the download page. Select Download the App. Note: You need the Desktop Agent for using the Postman Web app. It is different from the Postman Desktop app.
- In the Postman Web app, make sure you have selected the Desktop Agent.
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of the Desktop Agent and that it is running. To do so, look for the Postman icon on your desktop's menu bar. The menu should show that the Desktop Agent is connected.
- If the Desktop Agent reads any error, select Check for updates > open the Desktop agent and refresh the web page.
- Ensure no VPN or proxy is in use that prevents connecting to Postman. Note: Try to reproduce the issue on a different network to find out.
- Chromium-based browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Brave are preferred.
- Choose Agent as per your API testing environment.
- The Desktop agent doesn't run behind a proxy.
- The Desktop agent listens to port 10533.
If the above steps didn't unblock you, submit a support request that indicates what you've already tried and includes your logs. To find them, go to the menu bar > select the Desktop agent icon > Developer > View logs.