If one of this error message brought you here, read on and follow the troubleshooting steps.
You can easily unblock yourself and continue with your work by following the steps below:
Restart the app
- Quit the app.
- Cleanup all processes of the app.
- For Linux and macOS -
- Run the following command in the terminal - killall Postman
- For Windows -
- Open the Task Manager. (Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc)
- End all processes with the name Postman.
- For Linux and macOS -
- Restart the app.
Update the app
If the error still persists, try updating to the latest version of the app -
- Before installing the new version, follow the previous section to quit the app and clean up all processes.
- The latest version of the app can be downloaded from https://www.postman.com/downloads.
Clean up local files and restart the app
Before going ahead and deleting your Postman local data - please check if your system is out of hard disk space. If it is, then clearing up some storage by deleting unnecessary files should fix the issue.
If the above steps don't work for troubleshooting the issue, then deleting your Postman installation local files and reinstalling the App latest version should fix this issue.
Please go through the following requirements before deleting your Postman data.
Please note that removing the local files will permanently delete all your local Postman data. The resolution of this issue will depend on whether you have a Postman account registered or not.
- Head to this page and check that your data is synced to your Postman account.
- Check your
- If your work is Synced, then let's proceed with the Resolution steps to remove the local data.
- Uninstall Postman (Windows users only)
- Windows users - uninstall all versions of Postman, including our Chrome app. Note that the
- macOS users - go to step 3.
- Delete the local data
and delete the files in both locations.
- Head to the download page and install the latest version of Postman (Windows users only).
- Rename your Postman file (e.g Postman.old)
- Open the Postman app, if the data populates as expected, go ahead and remove the <Postman.old> folder.
Please follow the steps mentioned in this article here: Postman window is blank
Please contact Postman Support team if you are still seeing this error
- your app the logs - How to share app logs with Postman for debugging the issue