You are experiencing one of the following issues
- My email used for SSO authentication has changed, and I can't sign in.
- My email used for SSO authentication has changed, and I can't update it in the account settings of my Postman account.
What to expect
To allow authentication to Postman, the current Postman email address and your SSO Identity Provider's (IdP) email must match.
For security reasons, we need to verify your identity when you try to update the email associated with your Postman account. This is why we ask you to authenticate with your current email.
- Contact an Admin of your Idp and ask them to update the email registered with your IdP temporarily, so it matches your current Postman email.
- In your Postman account, go to Settings > Account.
- In the email field, replace the email with the new email and select Update Email Address. A new tab in your browser will open up automatically.
- Enter your password, and select Sign in. Note: This is a security verification step to make sure it's you.
- Contact an Admin of your IdP and ask them to update the email registered with the new email, which now matches the email associated with your Postman account.
Note: If you sign in with SSO for the first time, you will be prompted with the warning message Link your account. An extra security step requires you to enter your Postman password to link your existing Postman account. Make sure you enter the password associated with your existing Postman account and not your SSO password.