You’re experiencing the following issue
I am seeing an ETIMEDOUT error when:
- Sending a request in Postman
- Sending a request in Newman
- Monitoring an API
What to expect
- The ETIMEDOUT error means that the request took more time than the webserver configuration allows and the connection has been closed by the server.
- Connection-related issues often relate to a networking issue caused by a Virtual Private Network (VPN) that in some cases is required by some API services or, in other cases, prevents you to reach an API service.
- If the endpoint is public, try to switch off your VPN.
- Go to the API documentation of the service you’re trying to reach and check if the API requires you to be behind a VPN. If a VPN is required, make sure that your VPN is turned on.
- Send the request using a different network. If the request doesn’t return the error, it is likely that your IP address is blocked by the server or that the issue is due to your network.
- If you are unable to reach the service using a different network, reach out to the service provider.
If you are still facing this issue after following the steps in the Unblock yourself section, submit a support request and attach a screenshot of the output for your operating system’s command prompt or terminal after you type in ping “URL.com”.
Note: Pinging the service will help us debug the issue further and figure out whether it’s a network or server-related error.