You are experiencing one of the following issues
After sending a request, the response results in the error 400 Bad Request.
What to expect
A 400 Internal Server Error is an HTTP status code response that indicates that the server won't process the request because the syntax it received is perceived to be invalid or exceeds certain limitations set by the service provider.
- Make sure there is no error in the configuration of your request. Look for typos, whitespaces, or invalid JSON formatting.
- To identify the error, use the Postman’s console to verify that all the data sent with the request is correct.
- Compare the API documentation of the service you’re making a call to and verify that the below elements if required, are configured correctly in the request:
- The request headers
- The parameters in the request body
- The query parameters
- The HTTP method
- If your request contains special characters, try to turn off the encoding inside Postman.
If you are still facing this issue after following the steps in the Unblock yourself section, submit a support request and attach a screenshot of the output of your Postman console