You are experiencing one of the following issues
- I can't send any requests through Postman. My network requires a proxy.
- I can't send any requests through Postman. My network does not need a proxy.
- I have a proxy that uses basic auth. I don't know how to make it work with Postman.
How to unblock yourself
I can't send any requests through Postman. My network requires a proxy
- Make sure you have added a proxy to your operating system.
- Make sure you have enabled the custom proxy option within Postman.
I can't send any requests through Postman. My network does not need a proxy
Make sure you have turned off the system proxy.
If this doesn't unblock you, it may be because some environment variables are set up in your system.
You can either
- Remove the environment variables
- Start Postman with these variables turned off. See the following instructions below, depending on your OS.
Create a postman.bat file with the below content. Then, double-click this bat file to Postman without any proxy environment variables set.
Linux and macOS
I have a proxy that has basic auth. How to make it work with Postman?
- Inside the proxy settings and under Default Proxy Configuration, tick the box This proxy requires authentication
- Enter the Username and Password
- Hit the button Save and restart Postman