You are experiencing one of the following issues
- Your organization has single sign-on (SSO) enabled but you or a user of your organization can’t sign in to your Postman Business or Enterprise team.
- You have set up SSO but you are getting the error Unable to sign in when signing in via SSO.
- I see the error That email/username and password combination didn't work
There are a few causes that can prevent you from accessing your Business or Enterprise Postman team.
The Postman account already belongs to another Postman team
Verify that the email used to access the Postman team with SSO is not already associated with any other Postman team. Note: An account cannot belong to two teams simultaneously. If this is the case, first leave the previous team before joining the new team.
You haven't up set up access to your identity provider account
If you experience the error That email/username and password combination didn't work, it occurs because you attempt to sign in via SSO for the first time with an existing Postman account.
An extra security step requires you to enter your Postman password to link your existing Postman account.
If you do not recall the Postman password when prompted for that extra step to link it, reset your password.
The Relay State has not been set up in your SSO configuration
The authentication certificate is invalid
Try re-uploading your authentication certificate from your identity provider in your SSO configuration page > X.509 Certificate.
If the troubleshooting options above didn't help, please submit a support request with the following information:
- The request trace id (if there is one provided on the error message).
- A HAR file
- A screenshot of your authentication page: Team Settings > Authentication > Edit Authentication (if someone in the team is able to access the Postman team)
- A screenshot of your settings on your IDP