You are experiencing one of the following issues
- Your organization has single sign-on (SSO) set up, but you or another user of your organization can't sign in to your team. Note: SSO is only available in the Postman Professional and Postman Enterprise plans. You can see all Postman plans here.
- You have set up SSO, but you're getting the error Unable to sign in when signing in by SSO.
- You see an error mentioning that the email and password or username and password combination didn't work.
How to unblock yourself
Below are four common causes for SSO access issues, along with recommendations for unblocking yourself.
The Postman account already belongs to another Postman team
Verify that the email address you used to attempt to access the Postman team with SSO is not already associated with another Postman team. Note: An email address cannot belong to two teams simultaneously. You must first leave the last team before joining a new team.
The RelayState has not been set up in your SSO configuration
Check your SSO configuration to make sure the RelayState is set up correctly. To learn how to set it correctly, refer to this section in the Postman Learning Center: Managing team logins.
The authentication certificate is invalid
Try re-uploading your authentication certificate from your identity provider in your SSO configuration page > X.509 Certificate. To learn how to configure SSO for your team, refer to this section in the Postman Learning Center: Configuring single-sign-on.
You had a Postman account before joining an SSO-enabled team
If you see the warning yellow message Link your account , it is because you sign in with SSO for the first time with an existing Postman account.
An extra security step requires you to enter your Postman password to link your existing Postman account.
Make sure you enter the password associated with your existing Postman account and not your SSO password. Note: If you do not recall the Postman password when prompted for that extra step to link it, reset your password.
If the troubleshooting options above didn't help, please submit a support request with the following information:
- The request trace id (if one is provided on the error message).
- A HAR file
- A screenshot of your authentication page: Team Settings > Authentication > Edit Authentication (if someone in the team can access the Postman team)
- A screenshot of your settings on your IDP.