You are experiencing one of the following issues
- Your organization has single sign-on (SSO) enabled but you or another user of your organization can’t sign in to your team. Note: SSO is only available in the Postman Professional plan and the Postman Enterprise plan. You can see all Postman plans here.
- You have set up SSO but you're getting the error Unable to sign in when signing in by SSO.
- You see an error mentioning that the email and password or username and password combination didn't work.
How to unblock yourself
Below are four common causes for SSO access issues, along with recommendations for how to unblock yourself in each one.
The Postman account already belongs to another Postman team
Verify that the email address you used to attempt to access the Postman team with SSO is not already associated with another Postman team. Note: An email address cannot belong to two teams simultaneously. You must first leave the previous team before joining a new team.
The RelayState has not been set up in your SSO configuration
The authentication certificate is invalid
Try re-uploading your authentication certificate from your identity provider in your SSO configuration page > X.509 Certificate. To learn how to configure SSO for your team, refer to this section in the Postman Learning Center: Configuring single-sign-on.
You had a Postman account before joining an SSO-enabled team
If you experience the error That email/username and password combination didn't work, it occurs because you attempted to sign in by SSO for the first time with an existing Postman account.
An extra security step requires you to enter your Postman password to link your existing Postman account.
Follow these steps to link your existing Postman account to your new SSO account:
- Go to identity.postman.com/login
- Select Sign in with Single Sign-On (SSO) in the right end corner.
- Enter your team domain and select Continue.
- Select the authentication method you want to proceed with. You will be taken to the Postman sign-in prompt.
- Enter the password associated with your existing Postman account and not your SSO password. Note: If you do not recall the Postman password when prompted for that extra step to link it, reset your password.
If the troubleshooting options above didn't help, please submit a support request with the following information:
- The request trace id (if there is one provided on the error message).
- A HAR file
- A screenshot of your authentication page: Team Settings > Authentication > Edit Authentication (if someone in the team is able to access the Postman team)
- A screenshot of your settings on your IDP.