You are experiencing one of the following issues
- I can't find my collections after updating the app.
- I lost all my collections after leaving my team.
- I was using the Postman Chrome app and suddenly lost all my collections.
What to expect
- Once a collection is removed from a workspace, it is no longer visible in that workspace.
- If you are working locally or without a Postman account, Postman won't sync your data, meaning that we won't save your data on our servers. However, the Postman desktop app takes backup of your data locally, and your data should appear in Scratch Pad.
- Your team owns any data shared in a team workspace (including private workspaces). When you leave the team, the data stays with your team. Only the data that is not shared remains in your personal workspace.
- Postman doesn't have an autosave functionality. If you hadn't saved your requests before the Postman application was closed or updated, it might be the reason behind the data loss. Note: We consider the autosave functionality for development. You can track progress and upvote this issue on GitHub.
I can't find my collections after updating the app
- Try and see if you can locate your collections on this page.
- If syncing was not working as expected or you had unsaved requests right before updating the app, the most recent data might not have synced to our servers. Check the History to recover your work.
- If sync is disabled on your account, try to recover them in Scratch Pad.
I lost all my collections after leaving my team
If your organization allows it, contact the Admin of your former team so they can export the data you want to regain access to. Note: Postman can't add you back to your previous team or help you recover access to your data.
I was using the Postman Chrome app and suddenly lost all my collections
If you are still facing this issue, please submit a support request with the following information in the request:
- A screenshot of your workspace activity.
- The name(s) of the collection(s) you have lost.
- Your app logs.
- The troubleshooting steps you have already tried.