This article provides instructions on how to add a proxy to the system depending on your OS.
Note: Other windows versions follow very similar steps. Check Windows documentation for more details.
- On your PC, select Start and then, Settings.
- In Settings, select Network & Internet.
- In the left-hand pane, select Proxy at the very bottom.
- Manual Proxy Setup: Use a Proxy (ON).
macOS Big Sur
Note: Other versions of macOS/OSX follow very similar steps. Refer to macOS documentation for more details.
- Go to System Preferences > Network.
- On the left-hand side, select the connected or active network connection. Note: You can have different proxy settings for each type of network connection.
- Select the Advanced button
- Select the Proxies tab. There will be a list of different protocols you can configure.
- Select Web Proxy (HTTP) and enter the proxy server IP address, port number, username, and password.
Note: Most Linux distributions follow very similar steps. Refer to your distribution's documentation for more detailed steps on configuring proxy settings.
- Go to System Settings.
- Scroll down to Hardware and then select Networking.
- Select on Network Proxy you can choose from Automatic or Manual.