Postman ends support for the Desktop app v6 and older versions. See the deprecation dates below.
- On January 20th, 2022, if you’re a single user, not associated with a team.
- On January 27th, 2022, if your Postman account belongs to a team.
Note: Keeping Postman up to date with the latest version allows you have the latest security features and fixes as soon as they’re available.
What will happen to my data when updating to v10?
If your data is synced to Postman, it will populate as expected once you have updated the app.
Note: If you don’t know whether or not your work is synced, go to this page to view all your collections and check if they all appear. You should also review your activity feed to verify that all recent changes have been captured.
Does the deprecation of Postman Desktop app v6 mean I will stop having access to it?
Postman will stop supporting the Postman Desktop app v6, and your data will no longer be synced to Postman servers. The Browse mode will show you the error Looks like you’re offline.
However, you will still be able to access the app in an offline mode, using the Build mode.
What should I expect from the migration to v10?
- Any member of your Postman team can migrate your Postman team to higher versions than v6.
- The migration will enable Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) for your team.
- When you update your team to a higher version than v6, collaboration features and syncing will stop working for your team members who are still on Postman v6. They will need to update the app to a higher version to regain all features.
Where can I access other Postman download links for v7 and v8?
You can download earlier versions of Postman if you need to. Refer to the links below to access the download links for v7 and v8.