You are experiencing one of the following issues
- I can't find all my existing collections after I updated the app.
- I have lost all my collections after leaving my team.
- I was using the Postman Chrome app and suddenly lost all my collections.
What to expect
- Once a collection is removed from a workspace it is no longer visible in that workspace.
- If you are working locally, or without a Postman account, sync won’t be enabled and your data is not saved on our end. However, the Postman Desktop app takes backup of your data locally and your data should appear in Scratch Pad.
- Any data shared in a team workspace (including private workspaces) is owned by your team. When you leave the team, the data stays with your team. Only your personal work, the one that is not shared remains in your personal workspace.
- Postman doesn’t have an autosave functionality. If you haven’t saved your requests before the Postman application was closed, or updated, it might be the reason behind the data loss. Note: The autosave functionality is being considered for development. You can track progress and upvote this issue on GitHub.
I can't find all my existing collections after I updated the app
- Try and see if you can locate your collections on this page.
- If syncing was not working as expected or if you had unsaved requests right before updating the app, the most recent data might not have synced to our servers. Take a look at the History from the workspace where data is missing and try to recover your work from there.
- If sync is disabled on your account, your data is not backed up on our servers. Try to recover them in Scratch Pad.
I have lost all my collections after leaving my team
If your organization allows it, contact the Admin of your former team so they can export the data you want to recover access to. Note: Postman doesn’t have the possibility to add you back to your previous team, nor help you recover access to your data.
I was using the Postman Chrome app and suddenly lost all my collections
If you are still facing this issue, please submit a support request with the following information in the request:
- A screenshot of your workspace activity.
- The name(s) of the collection(s) you have lost.
- Your app logs.
- The troubleshooting steps you have already tried.