You are experiencing the following issue
I was using the Postman Chrome Extension and suddenly all my collections and history disappeared.
What to expect
The Postman’s Chrome application is no longer supported and has been deprecated. You can try to recover your data associated with the Postman Chrome app by following the steps below.
- Open the Postman Chrome app.
- In the History left panel, select Clear all to delete all data before reimporting backup data. A dialog box opens, select Delete.
- Open Google Chrome and enter in the URL bar: chrome://indexeddb-internals. Download the latest Postman updated chrome-extension file.
- Quit the Postman Chrome app.
- Refresh the IndexedDB page (chrome://indexeddb-internals).
- Locate your Extension folder in your machine depending on your operating system:
Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\<your profile>\Extensions
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions
- Delete all files in the Extension folder.
- Unarchive the chrome-extension folder downloaded in step 3. Move the files inside into the existing Extension folder in your machine, located in step 6.
Reopen the Postman Chrome app. Hopefully, data should populate. If not, it's likely that the data are corrupted.
Postman does not have the means to recover any data locally that was not synced. We highly recommend using the Postman Desktop app or the Postman Web app to prevent any data loss and to ensure your data is synced.