If you’re troubleshooting an issue with the Postman web app, our support team might ask you to send us HAR files. It is a record of information exchanged between you and Postman’s server.
Note: The HAR files don’t contain data about the requests you execute in Postman. To view the detail of what happened when you sent a request, use the Postman console.
- Open your browser and go to the Postman web app: postman.com
- Right-click anywhere and select Inspect.
- Refresh your browser (Ctrl+R or ⌘+R). This will ensure all relevant network data is captured.
- Go to the Network tab and check the box Preserve log.
- Start recording network log. Note: If you see the red recording circle, it means that it already records. Make sure to stop recording first and then start the recording again.
- Replicate the issue that requires troubleshooting.
- Export the HAR files by selecting the downward arrow Export HAR…