You are experiencing one of the following issues
- I lost my collections after updating the application.
- I see empty URLs in some or all of my requests after updating the application.
I was logged in to the app before the update
- If all your data is saved and synced, it will be present here: https://go.postman.co/me/collections.
- If the sync was not working as expected or if you had unsaved requests just before the update, that data will not be synced to our servers. Check your History tab from the relevant workspace to recover your requests that were made. We recommend saving all your unsaved data before you close or update the app.
I wasn’t logged in to the app before the update
If you weren't logged in to the app and using it offline or in the Scratch Pad mode then your data won't get synced to our servers and stays local to your instance. In this case, try following the steps below:
- Look for the backup files under the following folder. Note: Open this article if you need help accessing your directory.
macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Postman
- Inside the Postman directory, select your backup files. You should look for a .json file that looks like this one: backup-2020-02-26T23-13-43.082Z.json
- In Postman, create a new personal workspace.
- Import the most recent backup file in the new workspace.
Hopefully, you see your collections reappear. If you don't see them, try the above steps with an older backup file.