This is mostly due to a server-side redirect. If Postman receives a 301 or 302 response code, it will automatically follow the redirect. Similar to the behaviour in browsers, the original request method will NOT be preserved, and the redirected request will be made with a GET method. If you want to disable the auto-follow redirect behaviour, or if you have other questions regarding this, please review the relevant documentation on redirects here.
Articles in this section
- How do I recover my archived collections?
- How to resolve the Could not open Postman error?
- How do I use my Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment with Newman?
- Can I add cookies for a domain that isn't present in the cookie manager?
- My Google account has two-factor authentication enabled, and I'm not able to 'Signin with Google' from the Postman app
- Unable to use Postman on Web
- Unable to log into application using Google Authentication?
- How to restore a collection that I removed?
- How to Install Postman from Terminal?
- Does Postman Support RAML 1.0?