Environments are not recoverable from the trash once deleted due to security purposes. The application takes backup of your data locally, so you can attempt to recover an Environment using this method:
- Look for the backup files under the following folder. Note: Open this article if you need help accessing your directory.
macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Postman
- Inside the Postman directory, select your backup files. You should look for a .json file that looks like this one: backup-2020-02-26T23-13-43.082Z.json
- In Postman, create a new personal workspace.
- Import the most recent backup file in the new workspace.
Hopefully, you see your Environment reappear. If you can’t see it, try the above steps with an older backup file.
- If you have removed an Environment from a workspace, you can recover it here.
- If you have lost your environment after leaving a team this is likely because the environment was shared in a team workspace. When an Environment is shared in a team workspace, ownership of any team-shared content becomes the team's ownership upon removal of a team member.